5 Pieces of Flattering Lingerie for Every Body Type
When you book your boudoir session, one of the most daunting tasks is shopping for lingerie because you have no idea what looks good on you. We're here to help! We've gathered 5 pieces of lingerie for each body type: Apple, Pear, Hourglass, and Square shaped women. Find your body type get a head start on lingerie shopping!
Boudoir Lingerie for Apple Shape Women
Apple shaped women have larger mesurements through the bust and waist but tend to have thinner hips and arms and legs. Lingerie should support the top and accentuate the bottom while still paying homage to natural assets.
1. Corset- A corset is a very popular piece of boudoir lingerie that will slim the tummy and accentuate the bust of apple shaped women.
2. Sheer Flowy Nighties- A sheer flowy nightie is a sexy piece of lingerie that will fall on your body in a flattering way that will balance the hips and give a sexy sneak peek!
3. Deep Demi Bra with Supportive Underwire- Apple shaped women tend to have heavier breasts and need as much support as possible, so make sure your bra is deep cut to show off the gorgeous cleavage and and underwire to support the weight.
4. Lacy V High Rise Panties- Since Apple shaped women tend to have slimmer hips, most of the attention goes towards the bustier top. Bring attention to your hips and balance out your shape by wearing underwear that have a v shape and a little lace.
5. Cami- A cami will balance out your top figure - especially paired with the above mentioned panties.
Boudoir Lingerie for Pear Shaped Women
Pear shaped women are wider in the hips and smaller in the bust. Pear shaped women need to choose lingerie that will balance out the figure by accentuating the bust and playing down the hips.
1. Ruffle Bras - Choose bras that have a lot of fun ruffles to bring attention to the breasts.
2. Chiffon Gowns - Chiffon gowns are sexy lingerie pieces that will bring attention to the top portion while skimming the hips. This will keep from bringing TOO much attention to the hips.
3. High Rise Thongs and Boy Shorts - High rise lingerie lengthens the body line. This can work to the advantage of a pear shaped woman by slimming the hips.
4. Fly Away Baby Doll - The fly away baby doll will bring attention to the topportion of your body by creating an angle to accentuate the area. The fly away portions skim the hips in a sexy way and balance the body.
5. Padded Push Up Bras - Push up bras will accentuate the cleavage and give the illusion that there's more up top.
Boudoir Lingerie for Hour Glass Figured Women
Women with an hour glass figure tend to have similar measurements in the bust and the hips and a slimmer waist. Most lingerie flatters women with hourglass figures.
1. Bodysuit - A body suit is a piece of lingerie that is all once piece. They can come in different materials from leather to lace. Deep v-necks in these suits add an extra bit of sexiness to these pieces
2. Corset - A corset will accentuate smaller waists as well as compliment ample cleavage. Pair with a sexy thong.
3. Garter Belt - Traditionally used to hold up thigh highs but now widely considered as a sexy piece of lingerie. A garter belt will draw attention to the smaller waist of a woman with an hourglass figure.
4. Form Fitting Slips - Draw attention to your symmetric curves with a form fitting slip or nighty. It will hug your curves from top to bottom.
5. Bra and Panty Combos - Bring attention to the bust and the hips wearing supportive bras and matching or complimentary colored underwear.
Boudoir Lingerie for Square Shaped Women
Women with a square shaped body tend to have smaller bust and hips that line up similarly to the measurement of the waist. Choosing lingerie that creates curves in the body will help make your photos have the wow effect!
1. G-strings and Thongs - G-strings and thongs will create the illusion from behind of more of a booty by outlining in the appropriate places
2. Ruffle Matching Bra and Panty Sets - Ruffles and bows and Lace are all great go-to lingerie options for square shaped women. Ruffles especially add volume to the chest and hips. Choose bras with ruffled cups and underwear with ruffles on the hips to add the illusion of curves to your body.
3. Demi Cup Push Up Bras - Demi cup push up bras add an extra cup size to your bust and create cleavage where it may not naturally exist.
4. V-Cut Underwear - Similar to thongs, V- cut underwear create a similar illusion of curves while being a more modest option.
5. Ruffle Skirts -These are a fun lingerie option that hide slimmer hips and add a sexy flirty vibe to your boudoir photo session.
Boudoir Lingerie for ALL Body Types
Here's a list of lingerie that flatters all body types.
1. Nighties - Full piece nighties can hide the tummy area which is a pain point for a lot of women, especially mothers and is a great piece of flattering boudoir lingerie. Fly away nighties are a fun option to add a bit of extra flirt to your boudoir session.
2. Fishnet pieces - Fishnet dresses are a fun piece that can be worn alone or over a bra and panty set. It accentuates curves and depending on the cut and sleeves, can hide trouble areas.
3. Stockings - Stockings are an often overlooked piece of lingerie that can add fun to other pieces you wear. You can also get shots of you putting on the stockings which will make you feel sexy and that most men love to see.
4. Solid Curve Hugging Slips - Non- see through slips that hug the body will accentuate curves and hide tummy rolls, slimming your figure. Its a more modest option but there's nothing wrong with leaving a little to the imagination.
5. Lacey Robes - Lacy robes are an essential boudoir lingerie piece. It can be used to put on to keep covered between sets and can be used in portraits to increase the sexy vibe and cover up problem area. It's one of the most versatile lingerie pieces available.
Stay tuned! We will soon write about fun alternatives to lingerie for your boudoir session!